Walnut Rice Pudding (Walnut Kheer)
A creamy, high protein rice pudding made with milk and crunchy walnuts. Walnuts are rich source of energy and contain health benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for optimum health.
Today I made a Walnut Rice Pudding for the first time. And this concept was new to me. But I tried it anyway only with 1 litre of milk. Alhamdulillah, it was so yummy and exotic. Totally different but delicious flavour. Its a must try for those of you, who never tasted it.
I love the flavorful nutty aroma and exhibits excellent astringent properties of walnuts.I’m always cutting out recipes to try, but always changing them to suit my own taste. I like recipes that use ingredients that you usually have on hand and is fast and easy…and of course taste good!This Walnut rice pudding recipe has been family tested and approved and can be whipped up in no time.
Check it out the Walnut Rice Pudding recipe and printable version below!!
- 1 cup walnuts pieces
- 2 tablespoon rice flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 litre milk
- 1 teaspoon walnut or almond extract
- Soak walnuts in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Now grind the walnuts into a smooth thick paste.
- While grinding add the little milk .
- Pour milk in a saucepan.
- Add ground mixture, rice flour and sugar.
- Mix until no lump remain.
- Bring to a boil in medium to low heat. Keep stirring without burning at the bottom.
- When it reaches a semi-thick consistency, add the walnut or almond extract.
- Stir and cook for few minutes or until thicken.
- Turn off the stove.
- Dish it out.
- Garnish with chopped walnuts. Delicious walnut Rice Pudding is ready to serve.
- Either you can remove the walnut skin or just leave it. I prefer to leave it, the peel too has nutrition.
- You can serve it chilled or serve warm.
- But tastes delicious when served chilled after any meal.