Starting a healthier diet can be easier than you think. But what happens when you start to get bored with the healthy foods you are eating? Chicken Karahi in a hurry is a winner for everyone in our house. We all get to enjoy some delicious comfort food and I don’t have to spend long in the kitchen to make it. Hurrah!
This chicken karahi is light but satisfying. You could add extra spices, tomato puree and yogurt if you want curry texture. Make it like I do, or make it your own. Either way I hope it is a winner around your dinner table too.
Grab some Whole Wheat Naan’s and You’ll definitely end up impressing your friends and family with this delicious recipe! It’s so simple to make and tastes completely authentic! Now let see the ingredients and the procedure of making The Clean eating Chicken Karahi.
- 750 gm chicken breast or thighs(organic), cut into medium pieces
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoon onion paste
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 4 green chilies, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, roasted and crushed
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- salt to taste
- few ginger slices
- lemon slices
- few coriander leaves, chopped
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, yogurt, red pepper, salt, cumin powder, black pepper, coriander powder, ginger garlic paste.
- Cover and marinate for at least 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- Heat 2 teaspoon olive oil in a heavy bottom wok or karahi on medium heat.
- Saute onion for 4-5 minutes or until raw aroma of onions goes away.
- Add marinated chicken and cook on high flame for 25 minutes or until chicken is half done.
- Now add tomato puree and chopped tomatoes. Cook and stir for few minutes.
- Now add 1 cup water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 35 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Increase the flame and cook on very high heat for 5-8 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Sprinkle green chilies and garam masala over it.
- Dish it out.
- Garnish with chopped coriander, ginger slices and lemon wedges.Delicious clean eating Chicken Karahi is ready to serve. ENJOY 🙂
- You can eat it with naan, chapati or steamed rice. But if you are on your weight loss journey, enjoy this chicken karahi with zeera raita and green salad.
Put your own spin on it. And lemme know how it turns out. Post a photo on Facebook (Recipestable) or on Twitter so I can see how lovely yours turn out.
Happy Clean Eating!!