Sweet and Sour Fish
This Sweet and Sour Fish recipe is one of the easiest and quickest dish that you can make. Deep fried fish with sweet and sour sauce. Practically any kind of firm-fleshed fish, such as tilapia,halibut goes well with this mildly tangy, brightly flavored sauce.
Bismillah, let’s begin!
Check it out the Sweet and Sour Fish Recipe and printable version below.
Sweet and Sour Fish Recipe
For Fried Fish
- 1 kg halibut fish
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of pepper
- 1 cup pineapple chunks cubed
- 1 onion cubed
- 1 red bell pepper cubed
- 1 green bell pepper cubed
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 4 teaspoon all purpose flour
- salt to taste
- Cut fish into 1 inch cubes.
- Place fish, 2 tablespoon flour, soy sauce in a mixing bowl.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat.Deep fry fish pieces for 3-4 minutes on each or until crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from th oil and drain on an absorbent paper. Set aside and keep warm.
To Make the Sauce
- Meanwhile, heat sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat.Saute onion, pineapple, red and green pepper for 1 minute.
- Stir in the pineapple juice, sugar, tomato ketchup and salt. Dissolve 4 teaspoons of flour in 2 tablespoon water and make a thick paste.
- Pour this mixture into the skillet. keep stirring.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Arrange fried fish pieces in a large dish. Pour sweet and sour sauce over the fish. Delicious sweet and Sour Fish is ready to serve.
We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used. Serving Suggestions:
Serve with Fried Rice
I have also posted Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe which is another easiest & tastiest version of making chinese dinner. Do check it out as well.
If you like this post, Please Subscribe to my blog and let me know your feedback by commenting below.. I have lots more recipes to share with you.