Simple Chicken Biryani
This is an easy biryani which made with chicken, rice, spices and chicken stock. Pakistani/Indian spices creates an awesome and tempting flavor and aroma in biryani. Goes well with raita or salad.
Simple Chicken Biryani recipe
THIS IS AN EASY BIRYANI WHICH MADE WITH CHICKEN, RICE, SPICES AND CHICKEN STOCK. PAKISTANI/INDIAN SPICES CREATES AN AWESOME AND TEMPTING FLAVOR AND AROMA IN BIRYANI. GOES WELL WITH RAITA OR SALAD.
- 750 gm boneless chicken breasts, (cut into large pieces)
- 3-1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1-1/2 cups basmati rice, (washed and soaked)
- 1 onion, (sliced thinly)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- fresh coriander
- Place chicken in a large bowl. Add cumin, garam masala and turmeric. Toss to coat.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a deep skillet or dutch oven. Place chicken to the skillet.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Take it out in a dish and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the same skillet.
- Saute onion, ginger and garlic in hot oil.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until lightly golden.
Add rice and cook for 2 minutes. Return chicken to the skillet.
Add chicken stock and gently stir. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low.
Cover with a lid and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the rice is tender and all water dries up. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with coriander. Simple Chicken Biryani is ready to serve.
Serve with Cumin yogurt or salad.