Sajji is a native dish of the desert province of Baluchistan, Pakistan. Eid is a big celebration and on this special occasion wonderful meaty dishes are cooked. Sajji is one of them. This is the recipe of Chicken Sajji, made easy for you, so that you could easily prepare it at home, Enjoy!
Chicken Sajji Ingredients:
- 1 whole skinned chicken, about 1.5kg
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp chat masala
- cotton thread: a small piece
- coal: 2-3 pcs (medium)
How to make Chicken Sajji:
- Wash the chicken, take a pan, filled with water, add salt and dip the chicken in this salted water for about 2 – 3 hours.
- Rinse the salt after 3 hours & then marinate it with lemon juice, black pepper and chat masala and keep it for 2 hours.
- Tie the two legs with thread. Put the chicken in a pan & cover it completely with aluminum foil.
- Pre heat the oven at temp 250 centigrade and bake it for about 1hour until the meat is tender.
- Remove the foil after one hour and bake the chicken again at temp 350 for 15-20 minutes until both sides are golden brown.
- Heat the coal on burner until they are red.
- Take a covered deg-chi, put coal in the bottom of it, put chicken in it & cover the lid for 2-3 minutes so that the chicken smells smoky.
- Remove the chicken.
Chicken Sajji is ready to serve.
- Serve with raita.