Truly a royal dessert, as its name suggests, Shahi Tukra is a rich bread pudding. In this dessert, deep-fried bread absorbs a milk sauce seasoned with saffron and cardamom, all of which is covered by fried cashews, almonds, and pistachios. It is great for a large dinner party as the recipe can be easily multiplied to make more. It is best eaten chilled. If available, you can add a few drops of Kewra essence to the milk mixture once it has cooled. Try this Shahi Tukra recipe, hope you’ll love it.
Shahi Tukra (Bread Pudding) Recipe
- 8 bread slices
- 1 liter milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 tablespoon clarified butter or desi ghee
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom (elaichi powder)
- Cut the bread slice edges out and cut diagonally.
- Heat the milk after adding sugar. Stir continuously.
- Add 1 teaspoon of clarified butter into the milk so that it doesn’t flow over.
- Let the milk simmer for creamy sweet toast recipe until it is reduced to half.
- Stir in the raisins, and cardamom powder.
- Take bread slices and fry them in clarified butter.
- Soak the fried slices in milk for two minutes.
- Take out the slices and put into the milk previously prepared.
- Garnish with pistachios and almonds. Shahi Tukra is ready to serve. Enjoy!!
Serve chilled as a dessert after dinner.
I have also posted Badami Shahi Tukray recipe which is another easiest & tastiest version of making Traditional Pakistani Dessert at home. Do check it out as well. It’s finger lickin’ good. You’ll be coming back for more.
Put your own spin on it. And lemme know how it turns out. Post a photo on Facebook (Recipestable) or on Twitter so I can see how lovely yours turn out.
Leave a Reply