Truly a royal dessert, as its name suggests, Shahi Tukra is a rich bread pudding. In this dessert, deep-fried bread absorbs a milk sauce seasoned with saffron and cardamom, all of which is covered by fried cashews, almonds, and pistachios. It is great for a large dinner party as the recipe can be easily multiplied to make more. It is best eaten chilled. If available, you can add a few drops of Kewra essence to the milk mixture once it has cooled. Try this Shahi Tukra recipe, hope you’ll love it.
Shahi Tukra (Bread Pudding) Recipe
- 8 bread slices
- 1 liter milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 tablespoon clarified butter or desi ghee
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom elaichi powder
- Cut the bread slice edges out and cut diagonally.
- Heat the milk after adding sugar. Stir continuously.
- Add 1 teaspoon of clarified butter into the milk so that it doesn’t flow over.
- Let the milk simmer for creamy sweet toast recipe until it is reduced to half.
- Stir in the raisins, and cardamom powder.
- Take bread slices and fry them in clarified butter.
- Soak the fried slices in milk for two minutes.
- Take out the slices and put into the milk previously prepared.
- Garnish with pistachios and almonds. Shahi Tukra is ready to serve. Enjoy!!
Serve chilled as a dessert after dinner.