Tehri (Pakistani One Pot Rice Dish)
Tehri is a well-liked Pakistani dish as a main course with average effort for homemade on any occasion.Always great to have in all seasons. Must try this Tehri Recipe.
Check it out the Tehri Recipe here!!
Prep Time:30 minutes
Cook Time:40 minutes
Difficulty Level: Medium
- 500 gm long grain rice
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup brown onion
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 2 potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 carrots, cut into cubes
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp whole spice
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp salt
Yield: 4 servings
- Rinse rice with few changes of water and soak for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add whole spices, brown onions, garlic paste.
- Cook for 1 minute then add ¼ cup water.
- Add chili powder, salt, turmeric powder, yogurt.
- Cook for 5 minutes then add potatoes, carrots and green peas.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water.
- Cover with a lid; cook until vegetables half done.
- Add rice with 2 cups of water.
- Cover and Cook for 10 minutes or until water nearly dry.
- Add green chilies and tomatoes on top.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until done.
- Tehri is ready to serve.
- Serve with Raita.
If you like Tehri Recipe and make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.
Leave a Reply