No meal is complete without bread or rotis .In Pakistan we have lots of variations and variety of making rotis ,paratha and puris.
Missi roti is a delicious and healthy flatbread made with a mixture of gram flour and wheat flour and seasoned with spices. The aroma that hits one’s nostrils while making the rotis is so pleasant and appetizing.
Check it out the Missi Roti Recipe here!!
Prep Time:30 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
- 2 cups whole Wheat Flour (atta)
- 3 cups Gram flour (besan)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 6 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry coriander, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoon dry fenugreek leaves (methi)
- 2 tablespoon pomegranate seeds (anar dana)
- Salt to taste
- Water to knead
- butter as required
In a mixing bowl, sift both flours.
Add all the dry ingredients and mix very well.
Now add onion, chopped mint leaves,chopped coriander and green chilies.
Now knead the dough very hard with cold water.
Knead it for 8-10 minutes and keep it aside.
After ten minutes again knead the dough for 5 minutes.
Put in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
After one hour, make medium balls with the help of oil or flour.
Roll it with rolling pin very lightly.
Note: ( It will be sticky so be careful.Flour will help you to roll it).
Preheat griddle or tawa and cook roti with or without oil.
Remove from the griddle and spread butter over the hot roti.
Missi Roti is ready to serve. ENJOY!!
- If you feel your dough is so sticky you can add little more flour only little dont put soo much.
- If you have pizza stone you can also make roti in oven.
- You can put desi ghee on roti when you serve it.
- Serve it with lassi and green chutney.
If you like Missi Roti Recipe and make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.
Leave a Reply