- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 6 cups mangoes,peeled and cut in 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 onion,finely chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup ginger, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp whole mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp red chili pepper flakes
How to make Mango Chutney:
- Combine sugar and vinegar in a 6 quart pot; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer, uncovered, until syrupy and slightly thickened, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Stir occasionally during cooking.
- Pour into clean, hot jars leaving 1/2-inch head space; close jars.
- Process in a water bath 15 minutes.
- Mango Chutney is ready to serve.