Punjabi Dhaba Dal is the restaurant style Indian Dal recipe. This is a very comforting dal for a hot summer day. Urad dal is stickier and heavier than other dals, so this is a thick-style dal.
Check it out Punjabi Dhaba Dal recipe here:
Ready In: 1 hour 30 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
This recipe make 8 serving(s).
- 1/4 cup red kidney beans (rajma beans)
- 1/4 cup chana dal
- 1/2 cup urad dal
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 4 green chillies, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp kasoori methi
- salt to taste
- Rinse urad dal, chana dal and kidney beans with few changes of water.
- Then soak in sufficient water for at least six hours.
- Place dals and beans n a large skillet or pot.
- Add 6 cups water and cook for 1 hour or until lentils are tender.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Saute garlic for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add onion and stir fry until its turns golden.
- Stir in green chilies, tomatoes.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until tomatoes are soft.
- Season with red chilli powder, cumin powder and salt.
- Add boiled Dal. Stir well.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until cooked thorough.
- Add kasoori methi and stir well.
- Transfer into a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with coriander leaves.
- Delicious Punjabi Dhaba Dal is ready to serve.
- You can serve with chapati with some chopped onion, tomato, and cucumber salad on the side for crunch.