Spring rolls are a real Chinese food favorite. These tasty spring rolls are packed with vegetables and prawns. These healthy bites make a great light lunch or snack with a little bowl of sweet chilli sauce.
Check it out the Prawn Spring Rolls recipe here:
Ready In: 40 minutes
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
This recipe make 6 serving(s).
- Egg – 1
- Prawns – 200 gms. (Shrimp)
- Cornflour – ½ cup
- Dried mushrooms – 4
- Chopped Spring onions – 1/2 cup
- Soy sauce – 1 tsp.
- Peanut oil As required
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Clean and cut the prawns into small pieces and drain, rinse and shred the soaked mushrooms, chop the onions finely.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the onions, add the prawns and mushrooms
- Stir fry for 2-3 mins and cook on low heat till the prawns are done.
- Add 1 tsp cornflour, soya sauce, salt and mix well and cook for another 2 mins and keep aside.
- Sift the flour, ½ cup of cornflour and salt in a bowl.
- Make a well in the center and add the egg into it.
- With a wooden spoon mix the flour into the egg and slowly add 4/5 cup of water to make a smooth batter.
- Heat a little peanut oil in a frying pan and spread batter thinly to cover the base.
- Cook the pancakes on one side and remove.
- Place the prawn filling in the center of each pancake and roll it and fold at the ends securing them with cornflour paste.
- Deep fry them till golden brown, drain well.
- Prawn Spring Rolls are ready to serve.
- Serve hot.
- Serve hot with sweet chili sauce.
Leave a Reply