Red bean soup – a popular Chinese sweet dessert soup, made with red azuki beans. This is a yummy soup that even picky kids will love. Check it out the Red Bean Soup recipe here !!
[one_third] Prep Time: 15 minutes[/one_third] [one_third]Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes[/one_third] [one_third_last] Servings: 6 [/one_third_last]
[tabs type=”horizontal”] [tabs_head] [tab_title]Ingredients[/tab_title] [tab_title]Nutrition[/tab_title] [/tabs_head] [tab]
- 8 ounce red adzuki beans
- 1 strip dried tangerine peel
- 4 cups water
- 1- 1/2 ounce tinned lotus nuts (optional)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup sugar
[/tab] [tab]Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional information is not yet available. [/tab] [/tabs]
[tabs type=”horizontal”] [tabs_head] [tab_title]Step by Step Method[/tab_title] [tab_title]Variations[/tab_title][tab_title]Serving Suggestions[/tab_title][/tabs_head] [tab]
Rinse adzuki beans, then soak in cold water for at least 4 hours or overnight. Drain.
Bring a pot with 4 cups of water to boil. Add the adzuki beans and tangerine peel, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for an hour.
Add lotus nuts and simmer for another hour.
Once the beans are tender and starting to break apart, add sugar.
Stir until dissolved. Red Bean Soup is ready to serve. Serve hot or chilled.
- Use white instead of brown sugar
- Other versions of this dish are made with longan seeds, lotus roots or lily bulbs
- Garnish with sour cream, green onions and tortilla chips for a festive meal.
- This is great served with cornbread.