Marble Cake is a wonderfully rich and buttery cake that gives you two cakes in one (a chocolate cake and a white cake). The marbling effect is created by placing white and chocolate cake batters, alternately in a bundt pan, and then running a knife (do not stir) through the two batters. Marble cakes may look complicated, but they actually start with a basic pound cake batter.
[one_third] Prep Time: 15 minutes[/one_third] [one_third]Cook Time: 45 minutes[/one_third] [one_third_last] Servings: 6[/one_third_last]
- 6 ounce flour
- 6 ounce butter
- 6 ounce caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- few drops of Yellow color & green color
[/tab] [tab]Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional information is not yet available. [/tab] [/tabs]
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Cream butter with sugar.
- Sieve flour with baking powder.
- Now add eggs in the butter mixture one at a time alternating with 1 tbsp sieved mixture of flour.
- Stir in vanilla essence.
- Then fold in the remaining flour.
- Divide the batter into three equal portions.
- Color one part yellow, second part green and third part mix with coco powder and milk.
- Place this mixture in a greased pan alternating all three colors.
- Lastly add swirls with a knife to give a marble effect.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick insert into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
- Cut cake into slices.
- Marble Cake is ready to serve. ENJOY!!
- Serve with tea or coffee.