Who said you can’t make restaurant style Kebab Karahi at home ?? and Who said, you need ready made brand karahi Masala to get the authentic flavor ?? They are wrong !! Try this Kebab Karahi recipe and find on your own.
This Kebab Karahi recipe is so easy to make but so tasty to eat. I have made quite a few Kebab recipes you can check them all here.This Kebab karahi has a creamy gravy (curry) which makes it more tasty and flavourful. I made this for a family get together, this dish tastes divine and it is always a big hit among my guests.So hope you will try this out and let me know how it turned out for you.
This is a simplest kebab curry you can imagine. It can be made in a jiffy and taste great with either rice or roti. So good.
Don’t skip the papaya paste . That’s the one of two ingredients that make the kabab so melt in mouth . The other ingredient is lamb fat . In authentic recipe kebab is used for this kabab , but beef would do too . If you can’t find the mutton or beef fat , don’t worry substitute it with ghee .
Check it out the Kebab Karahi Recipe and printable version below!!
Restaurant Style Kebab Karahi Recipe
- 500 gm lamb mince keema
- 200 gm lamb fat
- 1 large red onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 5 green chillies
- 2 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon papaya paste
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon oil or melted butter
- 1/2 cup oil or ghee
- 2 medium red onions finely chopped
- 2 to matoes finely chopped
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chillies
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- few coriander leaves
- 1 inch piece of ginger cut into julienne
- 2 green chillies thinly sliced
To Make Kebabs
- Place mince(keema) and fat in a food processor or chopper. Add red onion, papaya paste, garlic, green chillies, ginger, coriander, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, black pepper and salt.
- Process until well combined.
- Take it out in a bowl and make kebab’s from the mixture.
- Lightly greased a pan with some oil and place the kebeabs on it.
- Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes or until they are done.
- Set aside.
To Make Gravy
- Heat oil in a wok or pan over medium heat.
- Saute onion and ginger garlic paste for3-4 minutes or until the onions turn light brown.
- Add spices, yogurt and tomatoes and cook on high heat with constant stirring until the tomatoes are cooked.
- Add a splash of water if necessary.
- Now add all the spices and adjust the seasoning according to your taste.
- Add 1/2 cup water and stir well.
- Bring to a boil and add your kebabs and cover the wok.
- Cook on very low heat for 20 minutes or until gravy is well done.
- Take it out in a serving dish.
- Garnish with coriander, green chillies and ginger julienne.
- Delicious Kebab Karahi is ready to serve. ENJOY!!
I have also posted Namak Mandi Karahi Gosht which is another easiest & tastiest version of making Karahi. Do check it out as well.
If you like this post, Please Subscribe to my blog and let me know your feedback by commenting below.. I have lots more recipes to share with you.