Gajrela (Pakistani Rice & Carrot Pudding)
Also known as carrot pudding or gajar ki kheer. Gajrela is tasty blend of carrots, milk and heavy cream. This sweet dish hails from the Punjab region of Pakistan and India. It is healthy and delicious delight. Gajrela is one of the most eaten dessert in winters even throughout the year. Its so tasty with solid milk and almond and pistachio.
Try this gajrela recipe and don’t forget to add lots of khoya as it is one of main ingredients of dessert. Carrot gives wonderful reddish color and tempting aroma will fill up your mouth with water. Tastes best when you make it with fresh carrots.
Yummy good for tummy, carrot pudding (gajerla). it is bursting of cardamom and kewra aromas and khoya it is melting in your mouth, warming up your hearts 🙂. Give it a try you will really love it.
Don’t get scared to read my long description as I love to write in details so the reader understands the steps clearly.
Check it out the Gajrela Recipe and printable version below and don’t forget to leave your comment below.
Gajrela (Carrot Pudding)
- 3 liters milk
- 1 kg carrots peeled and grated
- 200 gm khoya optional
- 1-1/2 cup boiled rice
- 1 cup sugar or to taste
- 1/2 cup puree ghee or butter
- 1/2 cup almonds sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/4 cup pistachios chopped
- 1 tin condensed milk
- few drops kewra essence
- 4 green cardamom
- silver leaves
- Take 2-1/2 milk in a large pot. Boil with the green cardamom.
- Melt ghee in a separate pan, add grated carrots in it. Cook and stir for 15 minutes or until well cooked.
- Put boiled rice and remaining milk in the blender. Process until smooth.
- Pour in the boiled milk. Add carrots. Simmer on low flame for 15 minutes or until the carrots have become soft and rice has almost dissolved.
- Now add the sugar and the condense milk. Note: since the condense milk is sweet so be careful while adding sugar.
- Stir in the sliced almond.
- Keep stirring so that it dosent stick to the bottom.
- When the gajrela has thicken and the texture has become creamy remove from the flame and add khoya if desired.
- Take it out in a dish. Garnish with pistachios, walnuts and silver paper.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Place in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours or until chilled. Delcious Gajrela is ready to serve. ENJOY!!
Serve as a dessert after meal.
You may store it in the fridge after cooking it completely. Must be consumed within 2-3 days.
If you like Gajrela Recipe ,Please Subscribe to my blog. I have lots more recipes to share with you. And If you make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.