Gajar Ki Barfi
Gajar Barfi is a delicious Pakistani traditional sweet or dessert that people like to eat. It is made with carrot (gajar), cream and khoya. It is not only eaten at the end of meal but also people like to eat in other times as well. Do try this Gajar Ki Barfi recipe, you’ll love it.
Gajar Ki Barfi is one of my all time favourite deserts, I make it more often than any other sweets. I make it lots of different way and each time it turn out to be good. Carrots are a great veg for desserts, anything made out of it taste yum, like american carrot cake and my carrot raisan cake.
So Today I came up with Gajar Ki Barfi recipe and believe me it turned out to be good.Method for making carrot barfi, prepared by cooking grated carrots in milk, is same to that of making carrot halwa. Just cook for more time and set. Hope you will love it and let me know how it turned out for you.
Check it out the Gajar Ki Barfi Recipe here!!
Gajar Ki Barfi
- 1/2 kg carrots
- 250 gm ricotta cheese khoya
- 1-1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup full cream dry milk powder
- 6 green cardamom
- 2 tbsp ghee or clarified butter
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts
- Peel carrots then grate properly.
- Now put grated carrots in a pan.
- Cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes or until its own water dries.
- Now put cooked carrots in a chopper.
- Process until well chopped.
- In a mixing bowl, combine chopped carrots, ricotta cheese (khoya), dry milk powder, and green cardamoms.
- Mix well.
- Place this mixture in the pan.
- Add ghee or clarified butter in it and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the heat off. Add sugar and mix well.
- Pour this batter in the greased dish.
- Garnished with almonds and pistachios.
- Cut into small cubes and leave it for 30 minutes or until set. Gajar ki Barfi is ready to serve.Enjoy!
2. This burfi will be on the softer side. But taste really yummy.
3. Instead of setting it as burfi, you can spoon it into bowls and serve as halwa. Adapted from Recipestable
If you like Gajar Ki Barfi Recipe and make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.