An quick and easy fruit cake recipe for tea time. Best eaten fresh. Enjoy this yummy fruit cake flavored with orange zest, vanilla essence and black currant.
Check it out the Fruit Cake Recipe here!!
Everyone’s Favorite Fruit Cake Recipe
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 200 gm butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup asharfi
- 1/4 cup raisin
- 1/4 cup black currant
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange peel
- a pinch of Yellow food color
- Preheat oven on 180 degree C.
- Grease a 8 inch cake pan or mold and set aside.
- Take a large bowl, cream butter with sugar.
- Stir in the vanilla essence.
- Now add eggs.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Slightly add flour mixture into egg mixture.
- Stir in the lemon juice, orange peel, black currant, raisin, ashrafi and food color.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Top with nuts (optional).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely and cut into slices. Fruit Cake is ready to serve. ENJOY!!
Serve with Tea or Coffee.
If you like Fruit Cake Recipe and make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.
Leave a Reply