Starting a healthier diet can be easier than you think. But what happens when you start to get bored with the healthy foods you are eating? Chicken Karahi in a hurry is a winner for everyone in our house. We all get to enjoy some delicious comfort food and I don’t have to spend long in the kitchen to make it. Hurrah!
Fat Free Chicken Karahi Recipe
- 750 gm chicken breast or thighs organic, cut into medium pieces
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoon onion paste
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- 1 to mato chopped
- 4 green chilies thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds roasted and crushed
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- salt to taste
- few ginger slices
- lemon slices
- few coriander leaves chopped
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, yogurt, red pepper, salt, cumin powder, black pepper, coriander powder, ginger garlic paste.
- Cover and marinate for at least 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- Heat 2 teaspoon olive oil in a heavy bottom wok or karahi on medium heat.
- Saute onion for 4-5 minutes or until raw aroma of onions goes away.
- Add marinated chicken and cook on high flame for 25 minutes or until chicken is half done.
- Now add tomato puree and chopped tomatoes. Cook and stir for few minutes.
- Now add 1 cup water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 35 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Increase the flame and cook on very high heat for 5-8 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Sprinkle green chilies and garam masala over it.
- Dish it out.
- Garnish with chopped coriander, ginger slices and lemon wedges.Delicious clean eating Chicken Karahi is ready to serve. ENJOY 🙂
You can eat it with naan, chapati or steamed rice. But if you are on your weight loss journey, enjoy this chicken karahi with zeera raita and green salad.
I have also posted Salmon Fish Fry recipe which is another easiest & tastiest Clean Eating version of making Fried Fish. Do check it out as well.
Put your own spin on it. And lemme know how it turns out. Post a photo on Facebook (Recipestable) or on Twitter so I can see how lovely yours turn out.
Happy Clean Eating!!