- 1/3 Cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp hot (spicy) sesame oil plus oil to saute chicken (divided)
- 1/4 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup pineapple juice
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into julienne strips
- about 3 inches long
- flour to dredge chicken
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup smooth or chunky peanut butter
- Roasted peanuts and chopped green onions to garnish
How to make Chinese Peanut Chicken:
- In bowl, mix soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, pineapple juice, salt and white pepper.
- Add chicken strips and marinate 2 to 3 hours in refrigerator.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Dredge in flour; shaking off excess flour.
- Heat medium-size skillet, then add additional oil to coat skillet.
- Saute chicken strips, turning occasionally, until golden brown and cooked through, about 2 minutes each side.
- In small saucepan, over low heat, combine butter and flour and mix until smooth.
- Cook slowly until bubbly.
- Add stock and increase heat to high.
- When stock begins to thicken, add whipping cream and peanut butter, stirring until peanut butter is dissolved and sauce is creamy and the consistency of a heavy gravy.
- Place chicken strips on plate, top with sauce and sprinkle with green onions and peanuts.
- Chinese Peanut Chicken is ready to serve.
- Serve hot!