- 1 large chicken breast half boned and skinned
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup whole blanched almonds
- 2 tbsp sherry
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 6 ounce package frozen snow peas thawed
- 2 tbsp sliced green onions
How to make Chinese Almond Chicken:
- Cut chicken into 3/4 inch cubes.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in wok over medium high heat.
- Add almonds and toss until browned about 5 minutes.
- Remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add chicken to wok and toss 3 minutes.
- In small bowl mix sherry soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar and ginger.
- Stir into chicken then cook and stir until thickened.
- Stir in snow peas, onion and reserved almonds.
- Chinese Almond Chicken is ready to serve.
- Heat through then serve with hot steamed rice.
Leave a Reply