Best Healthy Chicken Parmesan
Who said chicken Parmesan has to be deep-fried and loaded with fatty cheeses to be good? This Clean Eating alternative saves you almost 600 calories. Chicken breasts are breaded with flavorful crumbs, herbs, and Parmesan cheese, then baked for the easiest, quickest chicken dish ever.Serve with a salad and Broccoli or Brown rice for a quick, scrumptious dinner.
Check it out the Clean Eating Chicken Parmesan Recipe here!!
Clean Eating Chicken Parmesan
This chicken Parmesan dish is made with all fresh ingredients so it is a great healthy and low-calorie dish with lots of flavor. I am trying to incorporate a more balanced and healthy diet into my life.
- 4 skinless & boneless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 small green bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 jar organic crushed tomatoes (( about 28 ounce))
- 1 tablespoon sun dried tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
For Chicken Coating
- 1/2 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup low fat mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 2 tablespoon low fat Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil cooking spray
- broccoli florets (steamed or roasted)
- Flatten chicken to 1-inch thickness with meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC or 400ºF. Lightly coat a baking tray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Now heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion, garlic and bell pepper in hot oil for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Now add oregano and basil. Cook and stir for 30 seconds or until oregano is fragrant.
- Stir in the tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, Cover the pan and let it simmer for 25 minutes or until done.
- Meanwhile, In a shallow bowl, combine together the panko bread crumbs, Parmesan, oregano, thyme, salt and black pepper.
- Now brush both sides of each chicken breast with Dijon Mustard. Roll each breast into panko mixture then turn to coat evenly.
- Place chicken on the prepared baking tray. Coat surface of chicken with cooking spray. Bake, in the preheated oven, for 20 minutes or until half-done.
- Now top each chicken breast with 2 tablespoon tomato sauce and 2 tablespoon mozzarella cheese. Return chicken to oven and bake 10 minutes more, until cheese is melted and bubbly and crust is golden brown.
- Arrange roasted broccoli on a serving plate and top with remaining tomato sauce and Parmesan Chicken.
Make your chicken Parmesan a bit more golden in color by toasting the panko in a skillet over medium heat first.
If you like Clean Eating Chicken Parmesan Recipe and make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.And if you know more innovative ways in which we can utilize this mouth watering Clean Eating Chicken Parmesan, do share with us and we would be glad to give it a try.
Leave a Reply