Spicy Mutton Pulao
Ramadan is a delicious time of the year in the Muslim world: Since people fast from sunrise to sunset, meals take on a special meaning. This month is associated with many delicacies with which the day long fast is broken. Spicy Mutton Pulao is one such dish.
Spicy Mutton Pulao is a filling rice dish that can provide you with a heavy dinner after an entire day of fasting. That is why it is great Ramadan Recipes.
Spicy mutton pulao is made out of red meat which is very popular for most Ramadan recipes. You need the proteins and energy from red meat when you are fasting. This Spicy Mutton Pulao recipe is quite similar to the biryani with minor differences in the cooking style. All the spices used in Mughlai mutton pulao make it a rich food item. Do try it!!
Check it out the Spicy Mutton Pulao Recipe and printable version below!!
Spicy Mutton Pulao
- 500 gm mutton
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 3-1/2 cup mutton stock yakhni
- 2 onions thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoon desi ghee
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 4 green chilies thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds roasted
- 1 inch piece of Cinnamon stick
- 6 Peppercorns
- 4 cloves
- 4 cardamom
- 1 bay leaf
- a pinch of saffron soaked in milk
- salt according to taste
- Marinate the mutton pieces with salt, red chilli, cumin, and ginger garlic paste for 40 minutes.
- Heat desi ghee in a heavy bottom skillet over medium heat.
- Saute the onions in it for 5 minutes on a low flame until lightly browned.
- Now add green chillies and cook for a minute on a low flame.
- Add the marinated mutton. Stir for 2 minutes until the spices are mixed uniformly.
- Add 2 cup water and Cover the skillet. Cook on a low flame for 40 minutes or meat is almost tender.
- Now add bay leaf, peppercorns, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves. Let the flavours bleed for 1 minute.
- Add yogurt and cook meat on high flame for few minutes or until oil comes on top.
- Add rice and yakhni. Lightly stir to mix.
- Adjust the seasoning.Cover and cook for 18-20 minutes on low flame.
- When the rice is cooked, pour the saffron on top the pulao.
- Put on dum for 10 minutes or until full done.
- Fluff rice with a fork and transfer into a dish. Spicy Mutton Pulao is ready to serve.
Serve with raita and onion rings.
I have also posted Champ Pulao which is another easiest & tastiest version of making pulao at home. Do check it out as well. It’s finger lickin’ good. You’ll be coming back for more.
Happy Lunch Making!!
If you like this post, Please Subscribe to my blog and let me know your feedback by commenting below.. I have lots more recipes to share with you.