Pizza is always a crowd pleaser, but making your own can be a bit of a headache. This bite-sized alternative is easy to make and healthy (just 150 calories each!) and as much fun to make as they are to eat.
Mini Pizza Cups
I’m sure you’ve all heard of or made Pizza Cupcakes or Pizza Muffins before. But as simple or obvious as this recipe seems, sometimes we need a good reminder of the un-fussy classics. Sometimes you don’t have time or the right ingredients to make an elaborate meal. When this happens, it’s good to have something simple and inexpensive to fall back on.
Healthy, Budget Friendly Mini Pizza Cups? Yes, Yes, and Yes!
If you’re crazy about pizza like me, but can’t justify eating it as much as you’d like, this is a great recipe for you. I used leftover pizza dough, chicken, lots of fresh vegetables, and a tablespoon or so of cheese on each mini pizza. Considering each pizza cup base 60 calories, the shredded chicken & cheese about 40 calories, and the rest of the ingredients were vegetables, I’m guessing each pizza had about 150 calories. This is not scientific, but it’s my best guess.
An interesting and fun way to present your pizzas. These cute little pizza cups will delight anyone, especially kids. Have your children create their own pizzas, and get creative with the toppings. Perfectly shaped and easy to handle, they make for a great addition to lunch boxes or for picnics and road trips.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you..
Check it out the Mini Pizza Cups recipe and printable version here!!
- 2-1/2 cups plain or all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoon oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pinches of baking powder
- warm milk with a bit of water for kneading
- 1 cup pizza Sauce or Ketchup ( Recipe here)
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- 1 small Capsicum, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5-6 black Olives, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella Cheese, grated
- Italian herb Seasoning, for topping
- 1 teaspoon oil, for greasing
- Mix all the dry ingredients and the oil in a bowl or food processor, then gradually add the warm milk a little at a time.
- Knead it into a soft dough.
- Dab a touch of oil all over the dough, then cover it and place it somewhere warm.
- Leave it to rise to double its size, takes about 30 minutes to an hour depending on the weather.
- Once ready, punch down the dough and then divide it into 18 equal balls.
- Grease 24 cups muffin pan with oil or butter and set aside.
- Roll each dough ball out into a circle of about quarter inch thickness, then gently place it in the cup hole of the pan, patting it gently to fit the shape.
- Repeat this method with the rest of the balls.
- Next, spread a light layer of pizza sauce in each cup. Then add the chicken, capsicum and onions.
- Sprinkle some cheese over the filling and drizzle some ketchup over the top of each cup.
- Top with olives and herb seasoning.
- Allow the pizza cups to rest and rise for 20 minutes, then preheat the oven at 180 degree C.
- Bake them for about 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the dough is cooked through.
- Remove the pizza cups from the pan and allow them to rest on a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.
- Delicious Mini Pizza Cups are ready to serve. Enjoy!
- These delicious Mini Pizza cups can be frozen for up to 2 weeks.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
If you like this post, Please Subscribe to my blog and let me know your feedback by commenting below.. I have lots more recipes to share with you.