Sesame Potato Cutlets
Potato Cutlet is a mouthwatering appetizer of Pakistani origin, these tantalizing fried potato cutlets are spiced up with red pepper, mango powder, and chopped fresh mint and coriander. Do try it!!
Potatoes which can also called as Meal Maker here is my favorite stuff.I can eat it all day, I don’t know why; But I totally like it. 😛 And I am adding sesame seeds to this Sesame Potato Cutlets recipe to add nutty flavour and nutrition. They are very crunchy and tastes great when served hot with green chutney or tomato sauce. You can served these cutlets as a party snack, packed for picnic or can be relished as an evening snack.
I use Potatoes more than anything in my cooking. I make Kabob’s, Curries, Sandwiches many many stuffs out of it. And among that this one is my favorite. These Sesame Potato Cutlets are so healthy since they are pan fried, but if you are in a mood of deep frying, please do it.These are great recipe to freeze.
Make a big batch of this and after completing till the step of coating them in sesame seeds, put them between parchment paper or wrap them individually in cling warp and freeze them. So that you can use it when ever you want.
If you need any quick snack for kids or any instant filling for burger then this is the answer. These cutlets are so quick to make and really yummy to eat. Traditionally this is deep fried, but I pan fried it with a little bit of oil to make it even more healthy. Still it tasted awesome. You can have it with ketchup or any of your favorite chutney.
So hope you will try this out and let me know how it turned out for you..
Check it out the Sesame Potato Cutlets Recipe and printable version below!!
Sesame Potato Cutlets
- 500 gm boiled potatoes
- 2 bread slices
- 1 cup boiled shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup cheese optional
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves chopped
- 1 teaspoon mango powder aamchur
- 1 teaspoon red chili crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds roasted and crushed
- salt to taste
- Oil for shallow frying
- Peel potatoes and mashed them properly.
- Soak bread slices in a little milk then squeezed.
- Place mashed potato,chicken bread slices, all other ingredients except sesame seeds and oil. Mix until well combined.
- Shape into small cutlets.
- Dip each cutlet in egg wash then coat with sesame seeds.
- Repeat this procedure with all cutlets.
- Now heat oil in a deep pan over medium heat.
- Deep fry cutlets for 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- Drain on absorbent paper.Sesame Potato Cutlets are ready to serve. ENJOY !!
Serve with Mint Tamarind Chutney.
If you like this Sesame Potato Cutlets, Please Subscribe to my blog. I have lots more recipes to share with you. And If you make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.