Punjabi Mango Pickle is the special flavored pickle having the taste and fragrance of beautiful Punjab. Raw mangoes are touched with the elegant aroma of red chili, fenugreek seeds, onion seeds, etc. This Punjabi Mango Pickle recipe is a great way to spice up any meal.
Try the easy recipe of Punjabi Mango Pickle shown below!!
Ready In: 4 days
Prep Time: 10 minutes
This recipe make 4 serving(s).
- 250 g raw Mangoes
- A pinch of Asafetida
- 100 g Fennel Seeds
- ½ tbsp Onion seeds
- 1 tbsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 tbsp White Pepper
- ½ tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 50 gm Salt
- 1 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Liter Mustard Oil
- Clean, wash and dry the mangoes properly.
- Cut into medium sized pieces leaving skin on.
- Heat about 1 L of mustard oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot, add asafetida.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add all spices.
- Mix well in oil.
- Now add the pieces of mango and make sure that the oil coats all the pieces of mango.
- Put in clean glass bottles and top with mustard oil.
- Sun the jars for 4 days until sunset.
- Turn and stir with a dry spoon three times a day.
- Punjabi Mango pickle will keep well for over a year, provided no wet spoon is put into the jar.
- It is very important to see that the chunks of mangoes are fully dipped in oil, else you may need to add more oil.
- Always keep it in air tight and sterilized jar for maintaining freshness for 6-8 months.
- This Punjabi mango pickle recipe brings the true aroma of Punjab when is served with daal chawal or paratha.