Aslam-o-Alakaum My Lovelies !!
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Mutton Kofta Curry
A very yummy full of flavors Mutton Kofta Curry recipe. The combination textures, and nutritional value makes Mutton Kofta Curry a popular dish that can be had as a complete meal. It’s a hearty Kofta that works just well in any course of meal. Give it a try!!
Check it out the Mutton kofta Curry Recipe here!!
Mutton Kofta Curry
A very yummy full of flavors Mutton Kofta Curry recipe. The combination textures, and nutritional value makes Mutton Kofta Curry a popular dish that can be had as a complete meal.
For Kofta (Meatballs)
- 1 kg mutton mince (keema)
- 2 onions (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoon roasted and grounded chickpeas
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon green chili paste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Salt To Taste
- Oil for frying
For Kofta Curry
- 2 onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup oil or butter
- 1 cup boiled and skinned tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Salt To taste
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- 2 green chilies (thinly sliced)
- boiled eggs (optional)
To Make Koftas
- Put all kofta ingredients in a food processor. Process until combined together.
- Take it out in a bowl and shape into koftas (meatballs).
- Put in a refrigerator for 2 hours or until firm or set.
- Now heat oil in a deep pan and fry kofta’s for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oil and Keep aside.
To Make Kofta Curry
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a wok or skillet.
- Saute onions until translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook for few seconds.
- Now add the rest of the curry ingredients with enough water to make a smooth gravy.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until gravy is smooth and thickened.
- Cook on high heat, add the fried koftas and 1 cup water.
- Cover again and simmer for 40 minutes or until koftas are cooked inside.
- Increase the flame and cook 5 minutes longer or until gravy is thickened.
- Add boiled eggs.
- Garnish with green chilies and coriander leaves. Mutton Kofta Curry is ready to eat. Enjoy!
Serve with Naan, chapati or boiled rice.
I have also posted Fish Kofta Curry and Kofta Palak which are another easiest & tastiest version of making kofta’s(meatballs). Do check it out as well.
Put your own spin on it. And lemme know how it turns out. Post a photo on Facebook (Recipestable) or on Twitter so I can see how lovely yours turn out.
If you like this Mutton Kofta Curry Recipe, Please Subscribe to my blog. I have lots more recipes to share with you. And If you make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.
Leave a Reply