Aslam-o-Alakaum My Lovelies !!
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Mutton Kofta Curry
A very yummy full of flavors Mutton Kofta Curry recipe. The combination textures, and nutritional value makes Mutton Kofta Curry a popular dish that can be had as a complete meal. It’s a hearty Kofta that works just well in any course of meal. Give it a try!!
Check it out the Mutton kofta Curry Recipe here!!
Mutton Kofta Curry
For Kofta (Meatballs)
- 1 kg mutton mince keema
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon roasted and grounded chickpeas
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon green chili paste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Salt To Taste
- Oil for frying
For Kofta Curry
- 2 onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup oil or butter
- 1 cup boiled and skinned tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Salt To taste
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- 2 green chilies thinly sliced
- boiled eggs optional
To Make Koftas
- Put all kofta ingredients in a food processor. Process until combined together.
- Take it out in a bowl and shape into koftas (meatballs).
- Put in a refrigerator for 2 hours or until firm or set.
- Now heat oil in a deep pan and fry kofta's for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oil and Keep aside.
To Make Kofta Curry
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a wok or skillet.
- Saute onions until translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook for few seconds.
- Now add the rest of the curry ingredients with enough water to make a smooth gravy.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until gravy is smooth and thickened.
- Cook on high heat, add the fried koftas and 1 cup water.
- Cover again and simmer for 40 minutes or until koftas are cooked inside.
- Increase the flame and cook 5 minutes longer or until gravy is thickened.
- Add boiled eggs.
- Garnish with green chilies and coriander leaves. Mutton Kofta Curry is ready to eat. Enjoy!
Serve with Naan, chapati or boiled rice.
If you like this Mutton Kofta Curry Recipe, Please Subscribe to my blog. I have lots more recipes to share with you. And If you make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.