Lemon Pickle is a condiment that creates a intense flavor in meals. Here is an easy recipe to make lemon pickle with lemon and simple spices. Very tempting lemon pickle recipe.
Try the easy recipe of Lemon pickle without oil shown below.
Ready In: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
This recipe make 6 serving(s).
- 6 lemons
- ½-cup salt
- ¼-cup red chili powder
- ½-cup sugar
- 3 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp methi seeds
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- ¼-tsp hing powder
- Juice of 1 lemon (2-3 lemons in India)
- Large glass jar, approx 2 liters in volume
- Wash and dry 6 lemons thoroughly.
- There should be no water on the lemons or in your jar.
- Slice off the stalk scar as shown below.
- Cut the lemon into quarters and then cut each quarter into a half along the length.
- Then cut each resulting piece into quarters or thirds.
- Fill the glass jar as you go along.
- Add ½-cup salt ,¼-cup chili powder , ½-cup sugar.
- Add 3 tsp of turmeric powder and shake the jar about to help the powders get to as many lemons as possible.
- Next you need 1 tsp methi seeds, 1 tsp black mustard seeds, ¼ tsp asafetida or hing powder.
- Roast these three ingredients on medium flame for about 4-5 minutes till there is a mouth-watering aroma in your kitchen and the methi seeds look a little tanned.
- They should not look sunburn, just nicely tanned.
- Grind these into powdered and mix to the jar. The lemons should have started oozing juice already.
- Add the juice of 1 lemon.
- The jar must be placed in the sun to cook slowly in its warmth.
- Give it a good shake as you put it out and bring it in each day.
- Lemon pickle should be ready in about 2 months when the peel has softened and is no longer crispy.
Leave a Reply