I love pickle and I used to have it daily along with my meal. Very tempting lemon pickle and a instant one too. This instant Lemon Pickle tastes great with lemon rice or curd rice.
Try the easy recipe of Instant Lemon pickle shown below.
Ready In: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
This recipe make 6 serving(s).
- 6 ripe lemons
- fenugreek (methi) seeds
- mustard seeds
- chili powder
- salt to taste
- a pinch asafoetida (hing)
- Cut 3 lemons into small pieces taking out the seeds from them.
- Peel and take the juice from the other 3 lemons
- Heat a small cup of water and let it cool.
- Pressure cook the lemon pieces – don’t add any water to the pieces.
- Fry rai, hing in oil and add chili powder and salt.
- Roast the methi seeds and add 2 tablespoons of powder to the above mixture also adding in the juice taken from the 3 lemons
- Once the lemons in the cooker have boiled add them to the above mixture and you can have the lemon pickle without drying in the heat and waiting for 5 days or so.
- Instant Lemon Pickle is ready to use.
- Do not cook lemons for long time. It might taste bitter if you do so.
- Try to use sesame oil for authentic taste.
- I prepared it last week and it has stayed good till now. Do not forget to refrigerate.
- Serve with lemon rice, paratha or puri.