Hyderabadi Murgh Haleem
Haleem is a world famous food prepared during Ramadan or Eid Season. This is a slow cooked stew made with meat and lentils.
Did you know? Hyderabadi Murgh Haleem is a distinct variant of Haleem originating in Hyderabad in South India.It is a popular dish during the Ramadan. It is a tradition to break the daily fast (roza) at Iftar with a plateful of haleem.
Lentils and chicken are the star ingredients of this flavorful dish. I wouldn’t say its the most authentic way of making haleem. But its as close as it can. Very mouth-watering dish which is served with fried onion, chat masala, coriander, mint, ginger, green chili and lemon.
Try out this classic Hyderabad Murgh Haleem recipe.Very lips smacking recipe must try on Eid. If you have any question about this recipe then you can ask by using comment box and we will clarify your confusion.
Check it out the Hyderabadi Murgh Haleem Recipe and printable version below!!
Hyderabadi Murgh Haleem
Try out this classic Hyderabad Murgh Haleem recipe.Very lips smacking recipe must try on Eid.
- 1 kg chicken boneless (cut into cubes)
- 1 kg cracked wheat (soaked in water for 2-3 hour then drained)
- 1 cup vegetable oil or ghee
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp green chili paste
- 2 tsp green coriander paste
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 3 black cardamoms-seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp chat masala
- 4-5 green chilies (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1- inch piece of ginger (thinly sliced)
- 3-4 lemon wedges
- In a bowl,add yogurt, lemon juice, green chili and coriander paste, cardamom and cinnamon powder, red chili powder, ginger-garlic paste &salt. Mix well and make a smooth paste.
- Marinate the chicken in this mixture and leave 3-4 hours.
- Add enough water to the wheat and cook till tender.
- When cool enough to handle, blend to a paste in a blender.
- Heat the oil and add the meat chicken mixture.
- Turn around over high heat, till opaque.
- Add 1 cup water in it,cook and covered over low heat till tender.
- Add the wheat paste and continue to cook another 20 minutes.
- Transfer into a serving bowl, sprinkle chat masala over the top.
- Garnish with mint leaves,green chilies and ginger slices. Hyderabadi Murgh Haleem is ready to serve. ENJOY!
Serve hot with naan.
If you like this Hyderabadi Murgh Haleem Recipe, Please Subscribe to my blog. I have lots more recipes to share with you. And If you make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.