Try this Fruity Rice recipe with fruits and nuts that’ll make you wonder why you didn’t try it earlier.
Check out the Fruity Rice recipe here!!
Ready In : 50 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
This recipe make 4 serving(s).
- 2-1/2 cup of water
- 2 cups banaspati rice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 tin tutti fruiti
- 3 cloves
- 3 cinnamin sticks
- 3 green cardamom
- 1/2 cup dry fruit
- 1/2 cup clarified butter
- a pinch of yellow food color
- salt to taste
- nuts for garnishing
- Wash rice with few changes of water then soak in water for 30 minutes.
- Melt butter in the skillet over medium heat.
- Saute the cinnamon stick, cloves and cardamom pods for 1 minute or until the spices crackle.
- Stir in the rice, water and tutti frutti.
- Meanwhile, take a saucepan, add 1/2 cup of water and sugar.
- Cook few minutes and make a sugar syrup.
- Stir in the milk and yellow food color.
- Pour this sugar syrup over the rice.
- Cover and simmer it for 15 minutes ( put on dam).
- Take it out in a serving dish.
- Fruity Rice is ready to serve.