Dhaba Chicken Karahi
This version of Chicken Karahi is mostly made at roadside shacks (dhaba) in Pakistan and it is truly yummy. Its unique and really tasty. Make this dish when you are short of curry while having guests at your place. Quick Budget recipe. Try this Dhaba Chicken Karahi Recipe and don’t forget to share your experience with us!!
Check it out the Dhaba Chicken Karahi recipe and printable version here!!
Dhaba Chicken Karahi recipe
- 1-1/2 kg chicken
- 1 kg tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 cup oil or ghee
- 1 inch piece of ginger (thinly sliced)
- 4 green chilies (thinly sliced)
- 5 tablespoon ginger garlic water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon crushed red chillies
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (crushed)
- salt to taste
- Take a pan and put oil, fry chicken in this oil until turns a reddish colour.
- Take a wok and put chopped tomatoes with little bit of water and cook until tomato cooks well.
- When tomatoes are done, put fried chicken along crushed red chillies, salt and ginger garlic water (take a bowl and put roughly chopped ginger garlic and water, and use this water) and fry well.
- Now add green chillies, ginger, black pepper, cumin seeds and coriander seeds and oil (which we used to fry chicken) and fry well.
- Then add lemon juice and cook for 5 minutes on very low heat. Dhaba Chicken Karahi is ready to serve.
Serve with naan, salad and chutney.
I have also posted Karahi Butter Chicken (Makhani Karahi) recipe which is another easiest & tastiest version of making Karahi at home. Do check it out as well. It’s finger lickin’ good. You’ll be coming back for more.