Like all Dhakan recipes simple ingredients are used. Dhaka chicken karahi does have a distinct and wonderful flavour, Crushed spices are used instead of powder and tomatoes, green chillies are added towards the end, that are soft yet whole. Enjoy it with naan, chapatti or rice. Try this Dhaka Karahi Recipe nd don’t forget to share your experience with us !!
[one_fourth]Prep Time: 10 minutes[/one_fourth] [one_fourth]Cook Time: 25 minutes[/one_fourth] [one_fourth]Servings: 6[/one_fourth] [one_fourth_last]Difficulty Level: Easy[/one_fourth_last]
- 1 kg chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 tbsp garlic paste
- 1-1/2 tbsp ginger paste
- 4 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tsp hot spices powder
- 2 tbsp red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp crushed coriander
- 1 tbsp crushed cumin
- salt to taste
- 1 medium piece of ginger, thinly sliced
- 5 green chilies, thinly sliced
- 1/4 bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a deep pan or Karahi.
- Add ginger garlic paste in it.
- Cook for 1 minute then put chicken in it.
- Cook for5-8 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Then add crushed cumin,crushed coriander, red chili flakes and salt.
- Reduce heat to low and let it simmer to 10 minutes.
- Then add sliced ginger, onions and tomatoes.
- Stir together.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle hot spices powder over it.
- Garnish with green chilies and coriander leaves.
- Dhaka Karahi is ready to serve.
- Serve with naan, chapati or rice.