In Pakistan, we can find biryani lovers everywhere especially Degi Biryani admirers. If your family falls among those too then you can use this recipe to win the heart of not family but also friends. It is a flavorsome on top of delicious dish. So set your ingredients and try this Degi Biryani recipe.
[one_third] Prep Time: 15 minutes[/one_third] [one_third]Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes[/one_third] [one_third_last] Servings: 4[/one_third_last]
[tabs type=”horizontal”] [tabs_head] [tab_title]Ingredients[/tab_title] [tab_title]Nutrition[/tab_title] [/tabs_head] [tab]
- 1/2 kg mutton
- 1/2 kg rice
- 3 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1-1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 4 star anise
- 2 cinnamon stick
- 2 black cardamom
- 8 green chilies, chopped
- 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1-1/2 teaspoon red chili
- 1 teaspoon badyan
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon garm masala
- 1 teaspoon green cardamom
- 1/3 teaspoon yellow food color
- 1/2 teaspoon jaifal jawetri powder
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/2 bunch mint leaves, chopped
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional information is not yet available. [/tab] [/tabs]
[tabs type=”horizontal”] [tabs_head] [tab_title]Step by Step Method[/tab_title] [tab_title]Serving Suggestions[/tab_title][/tabs_head] [tab]
- Boil rice in the lightly salted water.
- Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, Take a large pot, add mutton, all spices, onion, tomato, ginger garlic paste and green chili in it.
- Add some water and cook on medium heat for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- When meat is tender, heat oil in an other pan. Add onion and cook until lightly browned.
- Transfer into a platter and set aside.
- Now fry meat in remaining oil until crisp and golden brwon.
- Layer half of the rice, meet curry, green chili, tomatoes, coriander and mint leaves.
- Cover with reamining rice.
- Top with brown onion.
- Sprinkle yellow food color over ir.
- Heat up to about 10-15 minutes or until done.
- Dish it out.
- Delicious Degi biryani is ready to serve.
- Serve with Onion raita.