Chicken with Cumin
An aromatic, spicy and flavorful chicken Curry which is easy to prepare and with finger-licking results. You’ll be left wondering why you didn’t try this before.
I normally make this cumin chicken with chicken stock. Today, however I didn’t have any on hand. Instead, I used the same amount of plain yogurt and was very happy with the result. You could of course use chicken stock instead for a thicker curry.
Personally, I really like this creamy yogurt version. Mixed with the other ingredients, the chicken stock turned to a complex and delicious gravy. As the curry was thicker than normal, I decided to serve it with zeera rice. I know, I know… That doesn’t sound very Pakistani but it worked very well.
I think next time I make cumin chicken, I’ll make it again with the chicken stock but also add some yogurt.I just love experimenting with ingredients! You can also serve it with naan and onion salad.
Check it out the Chicken with Cumin recipe and printable version below!!
Chicken with Cumin
- 500 gm chicken
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 cup of yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- lemon wedges for garnishing
- Heat the oil in a pan when hot add ginger-garlic paste , cumin seeds and stir for I minute.
- Then add the chicken,cumin powder,red chili powder, coriander powder, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add yogurt, cover and cook over medium heat stirring occasionally till the chicken is done.
- While the chicken is cooking, lightly sauté onions in a little oil till white add green chilies and fresh coriander leaves.
- Mix well and remove from the heat.
- Keep aside but do not cover.
- When the chicken is done, add the sauté onions in it. Chicken with cumin is ready to serve.
Serve with a hot roti or boiled rice.