Looking for a simple meal? Then try this Chicken Shorba Recipe , you will like the taste of Chicken Shorba._ perfect for week days. It’s a good change in your lunch or dinner. This lip smacking Chicken Shorba Recipe is one of my favorite. It’s prepared in chicken stock with addition of traditional Pakistani ingredients, texture and consistency of an Pakistani Stew and the aroma of Oriental spices.
After a weekend of delicious excesses, I’m ready for a healthy alternative. This weekend I’ve eaten like a queen –fried food, buttery paratha’s, creamy curries, biryani’s, naan, and more units of chocolates than I really care to count. So today I’decide to make light and nutritious meal. Weather is quite rainy so relaxing with this warming and nutritiousChicken Shorba –Chicken Curry– will be something to look forward to when I get home back from Uni.
I made this Chicken Shorba last night and it only took 1 hour to prepare and cook. It’s in the fridge now and can be warmed up in few minutes. Normally I would serve this tangy and satisfying Chicken Shorba (chicken soup) with steamed rice but to make it easy, I served it with tandoori roti.
Almost every country has their own version of chicken soup. I hope you like and enjoy this version as much as I do!
If you like this Chicken Shorba Recipe, Please Subscribe to my blog. I have lots more recipes to share with you.
Check it out the Chicken Shorba Recipe and printable version below!!
- 2 lbs organic chicken desi murgh
- 2 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger; grated
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 inch piece of cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 7 peppercons
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 4 cups chicken stock
- salt according to taste
- few coriander leaves
- Take a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Now add oil and chopped onions, cinnamon stick, peppercorns, and cloves.
- Stir and fry until the onion turns translucent and lightly browned.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger and the dry masala, blending well.
- The aroma coming from your kitchen will be amazing.
- Add chicken. Stir and cook for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Now add tomato puree and yogurt.
- Cover with a lid and let it simmer on low heat for 40 minutes or until chicken is almost tender and all water dries up.
- Remove the lid and cook on hight heat for few minutes or until oil come on top.
- Now add the chicken stock.
- Bring to the boil, then lower heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- If you're not in a hurry or for a more intense flavour, let the soup simmer for longer.
- Transfer into a serving bowl.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Delicious Chicken Shorba is ready to serve. ENJOY!!
Serve with Tandoori Roti.
If you like this post, Please Subscribe to my blog and let me know your feedback by commenting below.. I have lots more recipes to share with you.