Chicken Pita Pockets
Shredded veggies and chicken tikka are packed ahead of time so your kids can assemble the pita pocket by themselves. Perfect for busy week nights.
I’ve been experimenting recently to find a delicious Chicken Pita pockets recipe that can be made relatively quickly. I like pitas for its pocket like, leak-proof space. It’s not gonna get all over your hands and your filling stays snug in one place even after you’ve taken several bites.
This classic dish has been modified to be lower in fat and salt, yet it’s still packed with flavour and spice. Low fat yogurt and low fat cream cheese, whilst the skinless chicken pieces are infused with cumin, paprika and garlic for aroma and taste.It so delicious and healthy too. Spoon chicken mixture onto pita’s, fold in half and serve right away or wrap in foil to eat on the go.
Very healthy and satisfying dish that fills your appetite. So, try this recipe and don’t forget to share your experience with me.
Check it out the Chicken Pita Pockets Recipe and printable version below!!
Chicken Pita Pockets
For Chicken Marinade
- 500 gm chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt according to taste
- 4 tablespoon sour cream
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 clove garlic roasted and chopped
- a pinch of paprika powder
For Pita Pockets
- 4 pita breads
- 1 cucumber diced
- few salad leaves chopped
- few lemon wedges
- red onion thinly sliced
- Remove all the fat from the chicken and rinse it with cold water. Pat dry.
- Cut chicken into small cubes.
- Put chicken in a large bowl. Add yogurt, ginger garlic paste, salt, paprika, cumin and lemon juice. Stir to coat evenly.
- Cover and marinate for 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- Now heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan. Add marinated chicken.
- Stir and cook for 10-12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and all juices run clear.
- Allow to cool.
- To make sauce: In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, chili garlic sauce and paprika powder.
- Cut the pita bread into halves and gently pull each half open to form a pocket.
- Fill each with salad leaves, onion, cucumber and lemon wedges.
- Divide the chicken tikka mixture among the pita pockets. Drizzle it with with prepared sauce. Delicious Chicken Pita Pockets are ready to eat. Enjoy!!
Cover the pita bread so it remains soft and warm. Serving Suggestions:
Serve with cream sauce and french fries.