Chana Dal Gosht
We should not always go for mutton because Allah has conferred us with many other flavors that too you be tasted like the flavor of lentils. This Chana Dal Gosht Recipe is a meaty dish that makes it simply adorable. Giving it an attempt is must.Chana Dal Gosht is a popular Pakistani dish in which roasted meat (bhuna Gosht) is cooked with gram lentils, using spices in small quantities. Women make this dish on weekly basis because like this the family can consume the proteins of meat and nutrients of chana dal.
Bismillah, let’s begin!
Check it out the Chana Dal Gosht Recipe and printable version below.
Chana Dal Gosht Recipe
- 500 gm bhuna gosht
- 350 gm chana Dal
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped coriander
- 2 green chilies chopped
- Wash dal in few changes of water until water run clear then leave to soak in cold water for about one hour.
- Drain dal and keep aside.
- Prepare bhuna gosht.
- Add dal, salt and chili powder. Mix well and pour enough water to cover dal by one inch.
- Cover with tight fitted lid, reduce heat.
- Cook for 30 minutes or dal is tender and about one cup of water is left.
- Add garam masala, coriander leaves and green chilies. Chana Dal Gosht is ready to serve.
Serve with Nan, Roti or plain boiled rice.