Cashew Nut Khichri
You are not in mood to cook? but you are feeling like making something that can be easily made and stuff your stomach then try this Cashew Nut Khichri Recipe.
Easily digest, take it when you get bored from all meaty and spicy dishes.Simple to cook and its very tasty and healthy as well. Your family will definitely like this and they will remember it for long.
Check it out the Cashew Nut Khichri Recipehere!!
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:35 minutes
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup green lentils
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 50 gm cashew nuts
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 6 green chilies, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves
- 2 star anise
- 2 cardamoms
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Wash rice with few changes of water then soak for 30 minutes.
- Wash green lentils with few changes of water then soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep wok or skillet over medium heat.
- Put onion in hot oil and fry for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Now add cumin seeds and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth, salt, turmeric powder, coconut, black pepper, star anise, cloves.
- Cook for 5 minutes then add green lentils.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until green lentil is half done.
- Now add rice and cook for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Turn the heat off.
- Take it out in a serving dish.
- Sprinkle fried cashew nuts and green chilies over it.
- Cashew Nut Khichri is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with mint Raita.
If you like Cashew Nut Khichri Recipe and make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.