Try this Shawarma Pickle recipe that’ll make you wonder why you didn’t try it earlier. Check out the Shawarma Pickle recipe here:
Ready In: 8 weeks
Prep Time: 20 minutes
This recipe make 20 serving(s).
- Water – Around 6 cups
- Pickling salt – Enough to float an egg
- Vinegar – 2 Tablespoons
- Chili Peppers
- Place water and egg into an earthenware dish.
- Add and dissolve the pickling salt until the egg floats to the surface.
- Add the vinegar.
- Pierce the carrots, cucumbers and turnip with a fork a few times (don’t have to peel).
- Slice the beets (1/4 inch).
- Put all into the earthenware pot and weight down so that no part of the vegetables are exposed to the air.
- Cover and leave at room temperature for 6 to 8 weeks.
- As the brine ferments, some scum and mould may form of the surface which needs to be skimmed off.
- After 6-8 weeks, remove the vegetables and rinse in clean water.
- Strain the brine to remove the surface scum and place in clean jars (minus the beets).
- These can now be stored in the refrigerator for several months.
- Shawarma Pickle is ready to use.
- Serve with Shawarma.