Bakarkhani Naan is a yeast-raised Pakistani flat bread with a delicious crunchy texture. Goes great with curries.
Check it out Bakarkhani Naan recipe here:
Ready In : 2 hour 30 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
This recipe make 8 serving(s).
- 4 cups flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/2 + 1/4 cup clarified butter
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp instant yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp green cardamom powder
- Sift flour, yeast and salt in a large bowl. Add sugar, cardamom powder, egg and 1/2 cup clarified butter. Knead with warm milk and make a soft dough. Cover and let it aside for 2 hours to rise.
- Preheat oven at 200 degree C.
- Divide dough into eight portions and shape into the balls. Roll out each ball into a thin round flat bread.Apply a little clarified butter on bread then fold into half. Apply butter again and fold length wise.
- Now roll into a spiral and flatten with your palm. Again roll into a thick naan. Place naan on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until crispy and golden.
- Immediately brush with remaining butter and cover with a damp cloth.
- Bakarkhani Naan is ready to serve.
- Enjoy with Butter Chicken.