- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cardamom
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 kg chicken pieces
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 pinch nutmeg (jaifal)
- 2 tbsp garlic-ginger paste
- 4 green cardamoms
- 5 tbsp yoghurt
- 5 onions, medium-sized
- 8 cloves
- 10 whole black peppers
- Salt to taste
- A few drops of khewra essence
How to make Shahi Chicken Korma:
- Slice the onions finely and fry on low flame till they are golden-brown.
- Remove the fried onion from the oil and keep aside.
- Now add all the spices, except nutmeg and yoghurt, in the oil and add a little water to prevent burning.
- Mix well.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry for a couple of minutes on high flame.
- Add about a cup of water, or as much as needed, and cover.
- Now crush the fried onions and mix with yoghurt, and add to the chicken.
- Mix well, cover and cook at medium flame till the chicken is done.
- Add a little water if the gravy is too dry.
- Just before taking off the heat, add a pinch of nutmeg and a few drops of khewra essence.
- Garnish with finely cut ginger and coriander leaves.
- Shahi Chicken Korma is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with naan.
Leave a Reply