Semolina Dry Halwa (Suji Ka Khushk Halwa )
Bismillah, let’s begin!
Check it out the Semolina Dry Halwa Recipe and printable version below.
Semolina Dry Halwa Recipe
- 250 gm sugar
- 150 gm clarified butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tablespoon raisins
- 2 tablespoon dried desiccated coconut
- 50 gm almonds thinly sliced
- 50 gm pistachios thinly sliced
- Take a saucepan, combine sugar and water and cook on low heat for 10 minutes or until sugar is completely dissolved and the syrup thickens to a two thread consistency.
- Meanwhile, heat 50 gm clarified butter in a deep wok.
- Add semolina and stir fry for few minutes on low heat until it becomes fragrant.
- Add desiccated coconut, raisins, nuts and cardamom powder; cook for a few minutes.
- Add the hot thick sugar syrup and remaining melted ghee all at once, stirring continuously.
- Cook for a couple of minutes till it is almost dry and halwa rolls into a ball.
- Quickly spread out in a greased dish.
- Garnish with almonds and pistachios.
- Using a sharp knife, mark lines to make squares or diamonds and keep aside to set.
- When it cools, cut through the scored lines.
- Transfer to serving plate or store in air-tight container. Semolina Dry Halwa ready to enjoy!! 🙂
Serve Semolina Dry Halwa as a dessert after any meal or you can enjoy it as a tea time snack.
I have also posted Suji Halwa with Khoya Recipe which is another easiest & tastiest version of making halwa. Do check it out as well.
If you like this post, Please Subscribe to my blog and let me know your feedback by commenting below.. I have lots more recipes to share with you.