This Classic Indian tandoori chicken is marinated in yogurt, lemon juice, and plenty of spices, then grilled. Serve with potatoes, grilled vegetables and you have a delicious comforting meal. The leftovers make an amazing sandwich.
Check it out the Indian tandoori chicken recipe here:
Ready In : 6 hours + 40 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
This recipe make 4 serving(s).
- 2 pounds chicken, cut into pieces
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp yellow food coloring
- 1 tsp red food coloring
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- onion rings
- Make deep slits on the chicken pieces lengthwise.
- Place chicken in a shallow bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt and remaining ingredients. Spread yogurt mixture over the chicken.
- Now cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Cook chicken on grill for 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink and all juices run clear.
- Transfer into a serving dish.
- Garnish with Coriander and lemon wedges.
- Indian Tandoori Chicken is ready to serve.
- You can serve Indian Tandoori Chicken along with naan and salad.