- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri chilli
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1kg mutton, cubed
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 1/4 cups cream
- 2 tbsp ginger, chopped and peeled
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 onions, chopped
- 5 tbsp almonds, blanched
- 6 tbsp water
- 6 whole cloves
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
How to make Shahi Mutton:
- In a blender or food processor, combine garlic, water, almonds and ginger and make a smooth paste.
- Keep aside.
- In a pan or a pressure cooker heat oil and add cardamom, whole cloves and cinnamon stick.
- Stir and then add chopped onions and cook till they are light brown.
Lower flame and add the paste.
- Fry, stirring for a couple of minutes, add the meat and fry five to 10 minutes.
- Now add about two cups of water, cumin seeds, Kashmiri pepper and salt.
- Mix well, cover and cook at medium heat till the meat is tender.
- About half way through the cooking, lower the flame and add cream.
- Mix well, cover and cook till the meat is tender and the oil comes on top.
- A few drops of korma essence can be added to enhance the flavour.
- Shahi Mutton is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with naan or rice.
Leave a Reply