Ingredients of Oriental Chicken Stir Fry :
- 1 can pineapple chunks in syrup
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast, halves
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger root
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup green onions,sliced
- hot fluffy rice ,optional
How to make Oriental Chicken Stir Fry:
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup syrup.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir-fry chicken for about 3 to 5 minutes until color changes.
- Add garlic and ginger root and stir for another minute.
- Add vegetables, soy sauce and reserved pineapple syrup.
- Stir until well blended.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch with 1 tbsp water.
- Stir into vegetables.
- Cook until mixture boils and thickens.
- Stir in vinegar and fold in pineapple.
- Heat through and Correct seasonings.
- Remove from heat.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with green onion slices.
- Alternatively, serve over hot rice.
- Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply