Badami Kofta Curry
The koftas (meatballs) in this dish can be made with beef, lamb or chicken. It makes a great meal when served with jeera rice and kachumbar salad.
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 1/2 kg ground meat
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 green chilies
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 1/4 bunch of coriander leaves
- 1/4 bunch of mint leaves
- salt to taste
Ingredients for gravy:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 boiled tomatoes
- 250 gm plain yogurt
- 25 gm almonds, crushed
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1-1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- salt to taste
- all spice to taste
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1-1/2 cup water
- 1/4 bunch fresh coriander leaves
- Place all kofta ingredients in a food processor.
- Process until well combined.
- Take the mixture out in a bowl.
- Boil almonds in water then peel.
- Make small balls of kofta mixture.
- Then place an almond in the middle of each ball.
- Place in a refrigerator for 40 minutes or until set.
- Heat oil in a pan or wok.
- Fry chopped onions in hot oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Then add ginger garlic paste and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add all spices, turmeric powder, cumin, coriander powder, red chili and salt.
- Also add ½ cup water.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook on low flame 5 minutes.
- Put boiled tomatoes, yogurt, boiled almonds in a blender.
- Blend and make a smooth paste.
- Add this paste in the gravy.
- Also add ½ cup more water.
- Bring to a boil and carefully place prepared kofta balls in it.
- Again cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until meat is cooked thorough.
- Uncover and stir well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Delicious Badami kofta are ready to serve.
- Enjoy with Roghni Naan.