Chicken White Korma(also known as Qorma) is a luxurious and delicious dish that is really easy to prepare and makes a delightful change from the regular reddish curries! Love it with Rice and Naan. Finger-licking goodness!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 kg chicken, cut into 12 pieces
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 6 cardamoms
- 1 tsp whole black pepper
- 1 tsp white cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp mace powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1 tbsp kewra
- 1 tsp salt
- 6-7 green chilies, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp finely sliced ginger
- Heat oil in a deep skillet or wok.
- Add onions and cook on low flames for 3-4 minutes or until onion’s water dry completely.
- Then add chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add ginger garlic paste and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Now add salt, turmeric powder,whole black pepper, mace powder and nutmeg powder.
- Keep Stirring.
- Add yogurt and green chilies.
- Cover with a lid and let it cook on low flames for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Stir frequently.
- Add 1 cup of water in it.
- Bring to a boil, add cardamoms and white cumin seeds in it.
- Pour kewra essence and turn off the heat.
- Take it out in a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle ginger slices over it.
- Delicious White Korma is ready now.
- Serve with naan, chapati, or paratha.