This Masala Omelette is probably my favorite breakfasts on a weekend morning. Masala Omelette is a nice way to make spicy omelette. Its a spicy version of omelette in which eggs, tomatoes, onion, green pepper and flavorful spices are used. It is one of the most quickest and tastiest breakfast recipe.
Needless to say, the omelette has many forms in Pakistan and every household makes it differently. Even I have a few variations of the omelette depending on my mood. I have given a few options below that I generally rotate through.
This masala omelette recipe is very versatile and you can choose which way you want to go with it. Commonly Masala omelette is really very tasty to serve at any time. I love to enjoy this Masala Omelette with paratha and a cup of green tea. Do try this Masala Omelette recipe and share your experience with us!!
Check it out the Masala Omelette recipe here!!
[one_fourth]Prep Time:10 minutes[/one_fourth] [one_fourth]Cook Time:10 minutes[/one_fourth] [one_fourth]Servings: 3 [/one_fourth] [one_fourth_last]Difficulty Level: Easy [/one_fourth_last]
[tabs type=”horizontal”] [tabs_head] [tab_title]Ingredients[/tab_title][tab_title]Nutrition[/tab_title] [/tabs_head] [tab]
- 6 large eggs
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 4 green chilies, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- salt according to taste
- cheese (optional)
[/tab] [tab]Yield: 3 servings
Nutritional information is not yet available. [/tab] [/tabs]
[tabs type=”horizontal”] [tabs_head] [tab_title]Step by Step Method[/tab_title] [tab_title]Recipe Note’s[/tab_title][tab_title]Serving Suggestions[/tab_title][/tabs_head] [tab]
Break the eggs into a large bowl.
Beat eggs lightly with a fork.
Add onion, tomato, green chilies, coriander leaves and green pepper. Mix well.
Add the seasoning and spices. Mix until well combined.
Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
Pour half of the egg mixture in the pan and draw the edges into the centre, allowing the uncooked mixture to fill its place.
Turn the heat down and cook for 2 minutes or until the edges curl over and the center bubbles up.
Take your spatula and insert under your omelet. Flip the side of the omelet and cook another 2 minutes or until crispy on both sides.
In the similar way make other omelette as well.
Garnish with freshly chopped coriander and top wit cheese (optional). Masala Omelette is ready to serve. ENJOY!!
- I deseed the green chillies since biting into them can be very unpleasantly spicy. I like their flavour so I take the trouble to remove the seeds and them in. You can just skip this and add red chilli flakes or only pepper for spice
- Add some grated cheese just before removing the omelette from the pan and fold in half. Awesome cheese masala omelette ready. I have used both cheddar cheese and pizza cheese with great results
- You can add other vegetables like shredded carrots, mushroom, cabbage, etc.
- You can saute the vegetables lightly before adding to the omelette, just takes extra time which I don’t like spending on an omelette
- You can also cook the omelette by covering it with a lid after pouring the mixture into the pan. I personally prefer the flipping method
- Serve with paratha, bread or fresh salad.
If you like Masala Omelette recipe and make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.
Leave a Reply