- 2 cups all purpose flour (Maida)
- 1 Egg white (optional)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
How to make Malabar Paratha:
- Mix the flour, coconut oil, and sugar and salt with little water.
- Knead well to make smooth dough.
- Cover with wet muslin cloth and set aside for 2 hours.
- Then take the dough, add little more oil and knead well once again.
Now the dough should expand like elastic, when you pull it.
- Make lemon sized balls out of the dough.
- Roll out each ball into very thin flat round shape using a rolling pin.
- Then roll from one end to the other to make a lengthy string.
- Now roll the string spirally towards inside.
- Then flatten it with your hands to join all the curves.
- By doing this the paratha will become a single round shape with several spiral layers in it.
- Now the paratha is ready to fry.
- Repeat doing this with all the dough balls.
Heat a tava and grease it with little oil.
- Place the parathas in the hot tava and cook until both the sides are golden brown.
- Dot with little oil on both sides in between the process.
- Repeat this with all the parathas.
- Malabar Paratha is ready to serve.
- Serve hot.