This homemade lemon coconut cake makes a quick, simple dessert or tea time treat. Serve it plain, or dress it up with a light coating of vanilla flavored icing and toasted coconut.
Try it, you’ll love this creamy, lemony sponge cake. So delicious!!
Ready In: 1 hour 20 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
This recipe make 8 serving(s).
- 200 gm butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp grated lemon rind
- melted butter, to grease
For Lemon Glaze:
- 1 cup icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 1-1/2 tbsp hot water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F (170 degree C). Lightly grease an 11 x 21 cm loaf pan with melted butter. Line the base of loaf pan with non-stick baking paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with sugar. Stir in lemon rind. Beat until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Now add desiccated coconut into the egg mixture.
- Fold into the flour.
- Stir in lemon juice and milk until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Spread evenly.
- Place loaf pan in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make Lemon Glaze, stir together the icing sugar, water and vanilla.
- Drizzle Glaze over the warm cake.
- Top with flaked coconut. Cut into slices.
- Lemon Coconut Cake is ready to serve.
- Serve with Tea or Coffee.
Amount per serving.
- Protein: 7g
- Fiber: 3g
- Total Fat: 30 g (saturated fat: 21)
- Carbohydrate: 72
Leave a Reply